Welcome to your July issue of the RV Hacks & Humor newsletter! Did you miss the June one? Read it on the RVhumor.com website!
Get back on the road safely with Harvest Hosts. We’ve added over 100 new Hosts! Spend the night at 1,100+ wineries, breweries, distilleries, farms, museums, attractions and more for just $67.15/yr with our new coupon: JULY that gives you 15% off! Make sure to thank your gracious Hosts by making a purchase!
Fresh from Harvest Hosts’ YouTube Channel
Rent Your RV for Extra Income
As the RV industry tries to meet increase demand, owners who aren’t using their campers are finding lots of renters itching to travel. Check out these two rental marketplaces and see how much you could make! For details about how the process works, owner testimonials, and how to get started, check out the RVshare owners page and see how much you could earn.
To learn more about their program and find out how much you can make with Outdoorsy, check out their handy online calculator.
Popular RVing Videos on YouTube
RV LIVING FULL TIME NEWBIE? HOW TO FIND FREE CAMPSITES & THE BEST RV! – Jun 21, 2020
RV Industry News
- Iron Fish Distillery Expands RV Camping on Michigan Farm
- Are Fuel Cell Generators the Future for RVs?
- RV sales spike in New Hampshire as more seek socially distant travel options
- Renting Or Buying An RV This Summer? These 16 Tips Will Keep You Safe And Sane.
- RV Retailer, Sonny’s Camp-N-Travel Grants Make-A-Wish
- AAA: Americans will take 700 Million Trips this Summer
- InventHelp Inventors Develop Tool for RV Slide Cleaning
- ARVC Announces Move to Virtual Format for ‘20 Trade Show
- RV Surge: Business Booming as Virus Changes Vacation Plans
RV Recalls (NHTSA)
Triple E Recreational Vehicles (Triple E) is recalling 10 2020 Wonder W24RTB, W24MB, and W24FTB motorhomes built on a Ford transit chassis. The CCP1 electrical connection located on the driver’s seat base was not tightened to the correct specification and may short circuit.
• Forest River Inc. is recalling 732 2020 Cedar Creek, Columbus, Flagstaff, Coachmen Apex, Palomino, Rockwood, and Sunseeker recreational vehicles and Palomino soft and hard-side truck campers and Real-Lite Truck Campers. The adhesive bond between the glass and the metal hinge frame of the frameless crank out vent and egress windows may fail which would then allow the glass to detach and fall out.
• Forest River is recalling nine 2021 Palomino Columbus recreational trailers, models CMF389FL, CMF389FLC and CMF389FLW. As built, the furnace vents under the rear slide out room, allowing exhaust fumes to re-enter the trailer through the slide-out room seals.
• Forest River is recalling 74 2020-2021 Rockwood trailers, model RLT2205S-W. The Federal Placard indicates an incorrect Gross Axle Weight Rating (GAWR).
• Forest River Inc. is recalling 392 2020-2021 Coachmen Galleria and PRISM, Forest River Forester, Battisti and Sunseeker and Dynamax Isata recreational vehicles built on Sprinter chassis with automatic transmission. The operator’s manual does not correctly specify certain conditions under which the automatic parking function (“Auto-P”) operates.
• Forest River Inc. is recalling 169 2020 Surveyor recreational trailers equipped with a specific 30K BTU furnace. The furnace may not have been properly secured inside the furnace cabinet, allowing it to move freely inside the cabinet.
• Grand Design RV LLC is recalling 22,797 2016-2018 Reflection trailers. A wiring connector in the vehicle underbody may not be properly secured, allowing water intrusion into the wiring connector, possibly resulting in an electrical short circuit.
• Forest River Inc. is recalling 397 2020-2021 Coachmen Galleria, Dynamax Isata, and Forest River Battisti Coach, Forester, and Sunseeker motorhomes, built on 2019 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter chassis. The rear part of the front fender liner may contact and chafe the brake hose, possibly resulting in a loss of brake fluid.
• Newell Coach Corp. is recalling 42 2020-2021 P50 motor coaches. The decorative cover for the center console column may be knocked loose by the driver’s foot, allowing the piece to become lodged under the brake pedal.
• Forest River is recalling 59 2021 Cherokee Wolf Pack toyhaulers, model CKF325PACK13. The propane gas line may be routed around sharp edges which may cause a propane leak.
• Highland Ridge RV (Highland Ridge) is recalling 80 2020 Ridge, Open Range, and Silverstar recreational trailers. The adhesive bond between the glass and the metal hinge frame of the frameless crank out vent and egress windows may fail which would then allow the glass to detach and fall out.
• Thor Motor Coach is recalling 71 2020-2021 ACE, 2021 Four Winds and 2020 Gemini, Axis, Compass, Delano, Windsport, Hurricane, Outlaw, and Vegas motorhomes. The adhesive bond between the glass and the metal hinge frame of the frameless windows may fail which would then allow the glass to detach and fall out.
• Daimler Vans USA LLC is recalling 12 2019 Metris vans [platform 447 (VS20)] with gasoline engines and automatic transmissions. The driveshaft may not be attached to the intermediate bearing correctly, causing excessive wear to the driveshaft joint and excessive vibrations.
• Lode-King Industries LTD is recalling one 2021 Prestige SDG semi-trailer. The incorrect load rating decal has been applied, showing a load rating for the trailer frame that exceeds its strength capability.
• Coach and Equipment Mfg Corp. is recalling 72 2019-2020 Phoenix mini-buses built on Ford E Series Cutaway Chassis and equipped with Freedman Seating Company (FSC) PT Foldaway and GO-ES 3-point Foldaway seats. The seat belt retractor block out zone may have not been set correctly, potentially resulting in a seat belt that may not properly secure the occupant. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 209, “Seat Belt Assemblies.”
• Airstream Inc. is recalling 732 2017-2018 Basecamp travel trailers. The adhesive bond between the glass and the metal frame of the entry door window may fail, allowing the glass to separate while the trailer is moving.
• Keystone RV Company is recalling 428 2020 Alpine, Avalanche, Fuzion, Laredo, Montana, Raptor, Crossroads Redwood, and Dutchmen Voltage trailers. The adhesive bond between the glass and the metal frame of the frameless windows may fail which can allow the glass to detach while moving.
• Forest River, Inc. is recalling 62 2021 FR3 recreational vehicles built on a Ford chassis with a V8 engine. The wiring harness may have an incorrect wire connected to the parking brake, allowing the leveling jacks to deploy inadvertently while the vehicle is in motion.
• Forest River Inc. (Forest River) is recalling 122 2020-2021 Haulin, US Cargo, and US Cargo Trail N Sport cargo trailers. The safety chains are insufficient for the trailer’s Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) and may break if the trailer comes unhitched.
• Keystone RV Company (Keystone) is recalling 41 2020 Springdale trailers, model 335BHWE. The affected trailers incorrectly have 4400 pound axles and ST255/75R15D tires and rims, instead of the correct 5200 pound axles and ST255/75R15E tires and rims as specified on the Federal Identification Tag.
• Daimler Vans USA, LLC (DVUSA) is recalling 11,013 2019 Mercedes-Benz and Freightliner Spinter vans (platform 970 (VS30)), equipped with swivel seats. The wiring harnesses for the front seats may have been routed incorrectly and could become jammed and damaged in the swivel seat frames.
• Jayco Inc. (Jayco) is recalling 666 2019-2020 Entegra Qwest and 2019-2021 Jayco Melbourne and Melbourne Prestige Class C motorhomes built on Mercedes-Benz Sprinter chassis. The Operator’s Manual may not contain the correct information about how the automatic parking function (“Auto-P”) operates.
• Jayco also is recalling 1,105 2020 Towable Eagle, Eagle HT, JayFlight, NorthPoint, Octane, Pinnacle, Seismic, and Talon recreational vehicles. The adhesive bond between the glass and the metal hinge frame of the frameless crank out vent and egress windows may fail which would then allow the glass to detach and fall out.
• Additionally, Jayco is recalling 449 2020 Motorized Alante, Greyhawk, Melbourne, Precept, Redhawk, Seneca, Accolade, Emblem, Esteem, Odyssey, Qwest, and Vision recreational vehicles. The adhesive bond between the glass and the metal hinge frame of the frameless crank out vent and egress windows may fail which would then allow the glass to detach and fall out.
• Triple E Recreational Vehicles (Triple E) is recalling 61 2020 Unity travel trailers, model U24RL. The utility compartment’s inner latch mechanism may rotate due to vehicle motion, becoming locked.
• Altec Industries Inc. (Altec) is recalling 500 2014-2020 Aerial Devices and body only units equipped with Class 3 towing hitches. The tow hitch may have incorrect load rating markings, and may have been damaged by unintentional overloading.
• Keystone RV Company (Keystone) is recalling 192 2020-2021 Cougar travel trailers, model 24RDS, equipped with a Furrion range cook top. The interior range cooktop is installed in a cabinet that may not be entirely sealed from the furnace cavity. As a result, during furnace operation, the interior range cooktop burner flame may invert.
• Thor Motor Coach (TMC) is recalling 34 2020-2021 Quantum, Chateau and Four Winds, and 2020 Vegas and Axis motorhomes built on a Ford E-series chassis. A wire harness in the rear of the vehicle may contact the vehicle frame, resulting in damage to the circuits that support the fuel pump and the anti-lock braking system (ABS).
• Forest River, Inc. (Forest River) is recalling 1,140 2019-2020 Coachmen Mirada and Pursuit Class A motorhomes. The gasoline-powered generator fuel supply hose may leak.
• Thor Motor Coach (TMC) is recalling 566 2020 Daybreak, Four Winds, Delano, Gemini, Quantum, Tiburon, Chateau Citation, Compass, Chateau, Siesta, Freedom Elite, and Synergy motorhomes built on Mercedes-Benz Sprinter chassis [platform 907 (VS30)] equipped with automatic transmissions. The owner’s manual does not correctly specify the certain conditions under which the automatic parking function (Auto-P) operates.
• Keystone RV Company (Keystone) is recalling nine 2020 Springdale trailers, model 295BHWE. The Federal Identification Tag incorrectly indicates the tire load range and size as ST255/75R15E with 80 psi; however, the correct load range and tire size is ST255/75R15D with 65 psi. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of 49 CFR Part 567, “Certification.”
• Thor Motor Coach (TMC) is recalling 566 2020 Daybreak, Four Winds, Delano, Gemini, Quantum, Tiburon, Chateau Citation, Compass, Chateau, Siesta, Freedom Elite, and Synergy motorhomes built on Mercedes Benz Sprinter chassis [platform 907 (VS30)]. The rear part of the fender liner on the front axle may contact and chafe the brake hose, possibly resulting in a loss of brake fluid.
• General Motors is recalling 12,200 2019-2020 Chevrolet 4500HD, 5500HD, and 6500HD Medium Duty trucks. If the vehicle’s body control module (BCM) loses communication with the vehicle’s electronic brake control module (EBCM), the EBCM software programming may not illuminate the vehicle’s ABS malfunction indicator light (MIL). As such, these vehicles fail to comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) Number 105, “Hydraulic and Electric Brake Systems.”
Read more about recalls here at RV Travel.
Thank you for checking out our RV Hacks & Humor newsletter!
We hope this content helps you safely get back on the road and enjoy some much needed RV camping!
RV Hacks & Humor Team