Presented by Harvest Hosts
Welcome to the April 2020 issue of the RV Hacks & Humor newsletter!
Welcome to your April issue of the RV Hacks & Humor newsletter! We promise not to use the C-Word too much in this newsletter but we do hope you are staying healthy & happy in the midst of uncertainty. In our opinion, humor is the best way to keep a smile on your face and peace in your soul!
Scientific studies show that laughter helps (among other things)…
- Raise serotonin and endorphin levels
- Can lower blood pressure
- Reduce anxiety
- Boost your immune system
- Elevate your pain threshold (except for the not-so-funny-bone)
- Burn Calories (and who doesn’t need THAT right now?)
Lots of great reasons to get your laugh on!
RV Humor and Funnies
Fresh from Harvest Hosts’ YouTube Channel
Best Webcams For Peaceful Live Scenes
RVs 4 MDs (600+ Matches!)
A FB group to connect RV owners with medical/healthcare workers and first responders, desperately needing quarantine/isolation to protect their own families and to help stop the spread of COVID-19! Check out their FB page here: RVs4MDs. Signup as an owner or medical professional by filling out this form.
Save the image below to share:
Helpful Tips and Guides
Popular RVing Videos on YouTube
RV Industry News
- Tourism is tanking. So RV and camper companies found business fighting COVID-19
- Covercraft Converts Production to Gowns & Masks
- New Horizons Builds Mobile Clinic For Medical Firm
- I’m staying in an RV with 6 members of my family during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Automakers push to reopen plants with testing and lots of masks
RV Recalls (NHTSA)
- Daimler Trucks North America LLC (DTNA) is recalling 2,585 2019-2020 Freightliner 108SD, 114SD, Cascadia, Business Class M2, Western Star 4700 and 5700, Freightliner Custom Chassis S2, Custom Chassis XB, and Custom Chassis XC vehicles equipped with air disc brakes. The brake caliper mounting bolts may have been insufficiently tightened.
- Keystone RV Co. is recalling 27 2020 Bullet 34RI trailers equipped with overhead cabinets across the rear wall. The trailers may be missing an egress window in the main living area, preventing passenger exit in the event of an emergency.
- Thor Motor Coach is recalling 85 2019-2020 Venetian and Aria motorhomes . They may have insufficiently tightened brake caliper bolts.
- Thor Motor Coach is recalling 25 2020 Sequence and Tellaro motorhomes. They may have missing seat belt brackets.
- Newmar Corp. is recalling 129 2019-2020 Essex and London Aire, 2019 Mountain Aire, Ventana LE and Ventana and 2020 Kountry Star motorhomes built on DTNA chassis. The brake caliper mounting bolts may have been insufficiently tightened.
- Thor Motor Coach (TMC) is recalling 22 2020 Chateau 31W and 31WV, Quantum KW29 and LF31, Vegas 24.1 and Axis 24.1 motorhomes and 2020-2021 Four Winds 24F, 28Z, and 31E motorhomes built on a Ford chassis. The rear axle differential may have an insufficient amount of fluid, possibly resulting in a failure of the rear axle assembly and a driveshaft separation.
- Daimler Vans USA LLC is recalling 332 2018-2019 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter and Freightliner Sprinter vehicles. The spare tire label indicating the maximum speed may have not been affixed to the spare tire.
- Daimler Vans USA LLC is recalling 289 2018-2019 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter and Freightliner Sprinter vehicles. The spare tire label may indicate the maximum speed at 55 kilometers per hour (kph) rather than as 34 miles per hour (mph).
- Thor Motor Coach (TMC) is recalling 227 2020-2021 Tellaro 20AT and 20LT, and 2020 Sequence 20A, 20K, and 20L motorhomes. The transmission shifter cable may separate and disconnect from the transmission, causing the vehicle to not perform shifts intended by the driver and the gear shift lever position not matching the actual transmission gear.
- Forest River Inc. is recalling 59 2016 Coachmen Orion, 2019-2020 Lone Star Handicap Vans, and 2016-2018 Dynamax Rev vehicles. The transmission shifter cable may separate and disconnect from the transmission, causing the vehicle to not perform shifts intended by the driver and the gear shift lever position not matching the actual transmission gear.
- Daimler Vans USA LLC is recalling 54 2019 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter and Freightliner Sprinter vehicles equipped with winter tires. The tires may not have been correctly installed, possibly resulting in reduced traction in wet or snowy conditions.
- Forest River is recalling 51 2019-2020 Berkshire and Sportscoach motorhomes equipped with air disc brakes. The brake caliper mounting bolts may have been insufficiently tightened.
Read more about recalls here at RV Travel.