Welcome to your May issue of the RV Hacks & Humor newsletter! Check out back issues on our newly finished RVhumor.com website!
Get back on the road safely with Harvest Hosts, the scenic way to support local businesses while social distancing at over 1,000 wineries, breweries, distilleries, farms, museums, attractions and more. To kick off travel season, we’re offering you 15% off a whole year of unlimited overnights. Use coupon code: MAY at checkout and pay just $67.15/yr.
Fresh from Harvest Hosts’ YouTube Channel
Nominate Your Local Heros
The RV and travel industry is giving back to those healthcare/essential worker heros who have done so much during this pandemic. We’re highlighting two opportunities for you to nominate someone you know for free RV and travel trips.
To thank healthcare heros for their brave efforts on the front lines, Outdoorsy is donating free rentals. Every winner also gets 1 yr of Harvest Hosts
Their goal is to distribute free road trips to rock stars who will need to rest, recuperate and recharge when the worst of this pandemic is finally behind us.
Popular RVing Videos on YouTube
🛠 Tools for Full Time RV Living! [RV Tools] – May 3, 2020
RV Industry News
- RV Vacations: The Safest Way to Travel This Summer (Wall Street Journal)
- FREEDOM Virtual RV Rally – Turning Miles into Memories
- Reopening The National Park System: What’s Open
- Pandemic prompts RV rental boom
- Gulf Stream, Others Rolling out Production Today
- RV Industry Prepares To Reopen With COVID-19 Safety Measures In Place For Employees
- Expected Demand Has RV Industry Stocks Climbing
- State campgrounds already ‘pretty much booked’ for weekend
- Campgrounds swell with COVID-19 closure escapees this season
- Survey: RVillage Members Insist ‘We Will Camp Again’
RV Recalls (NHTSA)
- Jayco Inc. is recalling 1,641 2020 Jay Flight SLX Travel Trailers manufactured in the Idaho facility. The propane supply hose connection to the refrigerator may be improperly tightened, possibly resulting in a propane leak.
- Navistar Inc. is recalling 130 2019 International WorkStar and International HV vehicles equipped with Meritor MX-14-120 EVO steer axles. The axles may have insufficient lubrication, which may result in damage to the wheel end bearings.
- Forest River Inc. is recalling 83 2016 Rockwood Lite RLT2604WS and Flagstaff Lite FLT26RLWS recreational trailers. Due to insufficient clearance between the front tire and slide out actuator, the tire may contact the slide out bracket and become damaged.
- Keystone RV Company (Keystone) is recalling 94 2018-2020 CrossRoads Hampton 371FKL recreational trailers. The Federal identification Tag may incorrectly indicate the tire pressure as 6 PSI when the correct tire pressure is actually 80 PSI. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of 49 CFR Part 567, “Certification.”
Read more about recalls here at RV Travel.
Thank you for checking out our RV Hacks & Humor newsletter!
We hope this content helps you safely get back on the road and enjoy some much needed RV camping!
RV Hacks & Humor Team