Harvest Hosts In The News
In case you missed it, Harvest Hosts was featured on Fox News and called “So cool! Extraordinary places that have amazing memories for your family.”
Check out these amazing articles on Harvest Hosts last month:
Camp Under the Stars at These Wineries and Distilleries This Fall – AllRecipes
You can park your RV at wineries, breweries, farms, and museums – Business Insider
Fresh from Harvest Hosts’ YouTube Channel
Over 50 snapshots from 6 months of visiting Harvest Hosts across the country-
check out the best summary video of Harvest Hosts!
Rent Your RV for Extra Income
As the RV industry tries to meet increase demand, owners who aren’t using their campers are finding lots of renters itching to travel. Check out these two rental marketplaces and see how much you could make! For details about how the process works, owner testimonials, and how to get started, check out the RVshare owners page and see how much you could earn.
To learn more about their program and find out how much you can make with Outdoorsy, check out their handy online calculator.
Popular RVing Videos on YouTube
Tour this beautiful 5th wheel renovation we flipped for a family of 3! – August 19, 2020
BEST RV UPGRADE FOR SAFETY ON THE ROAD (RV LIVING) TPMS INSTALL – August 28, 2020
141 GALLONS?! – MASSIVE RV Water Storage for Boondocking – August 20, 2020
BAD IDEA? Running RV Air Conditioner on SOLAR and INVERTER – August 23, 2020
RV Industry News
- The Best Places to Camp This Summer Around the U.S.
- Top 7 Small Campers With Bathrooms
- Togo RV: Safety Reminders for RVers during Hurricane Season
- The New Camper Companies Redefining Road Travel
- CDC: Summer Camps Successfully Mitigated COVID Spread
- How To Quiet RV AC (Best Methods)
- Jayco Launches ‘Wingmate’ App for RV Owners of Any Brand
- 11-year-old Attica girl buys and renovates her own tiny home
RV Recalls (NHTSA)
• Daimler Trucks North America LLC is recalling 5,374 2017-2021 Freightliner Business Class M2 trucks. The engine harness may contact and chafe at various locations around the air compressor and the frame rail. If the wires are damaged, they may short circuit, possibly causing an engine stall.
• Daimler Vans USA LLC is recalling 26 2019 Mercedes Benz Sprinter and Freightliner Sprinter vehicles. The incorrect leaf spring shims may have been installed between the rear axle and the leaf springs possibly affecting the vehicle’s handling. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 126, “Electronic Stability Control Systems.”
• Daimler Vans USA LLC is recalling 46 2019 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter and Freightliner Sprinter vehicles. The affected Sprinter vehicles from platform 907 (VS30) might have an open port on the fuel delivery module (fuel pump).
• Forest River Inc. is recalling 367 2020-2021 Forest River Forester, Sunseeker, Dynamax Isata and Coachmen Galleria and Prism motorhomes built on Sprinter Van chassis equipped with swivel seats. The wiring harnesses for the front seats may have been routed incorrectly and could become jammed and damaged in the swivel seat frames.
• Forest River Inc. is recalling 1,427 2020 Coachmen Beyond, 2017-2019 Coachmen CrossFit, and 2016-2020 Galleria motorhomes. The awning may deploy while the vehicle is moving.
• Forest River Inc. is recalling 643 2019-2021 Salem and Wildwood motorhomes. The fresh water tank may not be properly secured to the vehicle’s frame.
• High Altitude Trailer Co. LLC is recalling six 2019-2020 XT50 trailers retrofitted with a black rear swing arm spare tire carrier. The weld on the retrofitted rear swing arm bracket may fail causing the rear swing arm, spare tire, and any other attached items to break away from the trailer frame.
• Jayco Inc. is recalling 545 2020-2021 Jayco Melbourne, Melbourne Prestige and Entegra Qwest motorhomes built on Sprinter chassis and equipped with swivel seats. The wiring harnesses for the front seats may have been routed incorrectly and could become jammed and damaged in the swivel seat frames.
• Keystone RV Company is recalling 594 2020-2021 Keystone Fuzion (models 357, 369, 373, 379, 419, 424, 427, 429 and 430) and Impact (models 26V, 28V, 29V, 311, 317, 330, 343, 359, 367 and 415) toy hauler travel trailers. The generator transfer switch may be incorrectly wired with the transfer switch “Line” wiring (shore cord) and “Load” wiring (power center wiring) reversed, allowing the generator power to energize the shore power connection.
• Newmar Corporaton is recalling 2,005 2016-2019 Ventana LE, 2017-2020 Ventana, London Aire, Essex and Dutch Star, 2017-2019 Mountain Aire, 2018-2020 New Aire, and 2020 Kountry Star motorhomes that received the ‘inspection-only’ remedy from recall 19V-426. The rear mounted Power Distribution Module (PDM) may have been damaged during manufacturing, possibly resulting in the rear marker lights, brake lights, or turn signals not functioning.
• REV Recreation Group is recalling 145 2019-2020 Fleetwood Pace Arrow motorhomes, models 33D, 36U, 35QS, 35S, 35RB and 35E. The auxiliary batteries, located inside the interior step compartment, were secured in place with a metal hold-down bracket secured with carriage bolts and standard nuts. This hardware may loosen and allow the metal hold-down bracket to shift or move and make contact with the battery terminals.
• Thor Motor Coach is recalling 248 2020-2021 Daybreak 23DB, 2018-2021 Four Winds 23U, and 2018-2021 Chateau 23U motorhomes. Bolts of the wrong size were used to secure the barrel chair pedestals, allowing the pedestal to separate from the floor in the event of a crash. As such, these motorhomes fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 207, “Seating Systems” and number 210, “Seat Belt Assembly Anchorages.”
• Thor Motor Coach (Thor) is recalling 463 2020-2021 Daybreak, Four Winds, Quantum, Delano, Tiburon, Chateau and Freedom Elite motorhomes and 2020 Gemini, Chateau Citation, Compass, Siesta, and Synergy motorhomes built on Sprinter Van chassis (platform 970 (VS30), equipped with swivel seats. The wiring harnesses for the front seats may have been routed incorrectly and could become jammed and damaged in the swivel seat frames.
• Thor Motor Coach is recalling 1,780 2017-2020 Aria, Venetian and Tuscany, 2017 Tuscany XTE and 2017-2019 Palazzo motorhomes vehicles that received an inspection-only remedy for recall 18V-763. The rear mounted Power Distribution Module (PDM) may have been damaged during manufacturing, possibly resulting in the rear marker lights, brake lights, or turn signals not functioning.
• Thor Motor Coach is recalling 63 2021 Daybreak, Four Winds, Quantum, Chateau, and Freedom Elite motorhomes built on the 2020 Ford E-Series chassis. The battery cable may not have been properly secured within the chassis rail, which can cause it to contact the exhaust manifold and heat shield.
• Thor Motor Coach is recalling 2,009 2017-2021 Freedom Elite motorhomes. A 100amp converter breaker was incorrectly installed at the battery tray when a 70amp breaker is required, possibly resulting in the wiring connected to the breaker overheating.
• Tiffin Motorhomes Inc. is recalling 643 2019-2020 Tiffin Bus and 2018-2020 Zephyr motorhomes. The windshield wipers may not work due to the control module being improperly wired.
• Winnebago Towables is recalling 267 2019-2020 Micro Minnie 5 travel trailers. An emergency exit window was not installed in the bedroom.
• Winnebago Industries Inc is recalling 156 2021 Revel motorhomes. These motorhomes have an auxiliary alternator belt that may wear and detach.
Read more about recalls here at RV Travel.
Thank you for checking out our RV Hacks & Humor newsletter!
We hope this content helps you safely get back on the road and enjoy some much needed RV camping!
RV Hacks & Humor Team