Popular RVing Videos on YouTube
5 Boondocking Essentials – Truck Camper Living – Dry Camping Tips – Full Time RV – September 12, 2020
🛠️ HOW OUR RV HAS HELD UP AFTER 3 YEARS FULL TIME RV LIVING! – September 20, 2020
DIY Ram Promaster Campervan w/ Shower & Toilet-Apartment to Van Life – September 11, 2020
RV Industry News
- 11 Critical Tips on How to Detect Carbon Monoxide in Your RV
- Home schooling is a hot topic in the pandemic. Is road schooling next?
- Unclogging Your Black Tank
- RV renovation: Big changes, small decor touches make a motorhome feel homey
- The best RV tire
- A family of 7 lives full-time in a 429-square-foot RV
- A First Look At The 2021 Living Vehicle Luxury Travel Trailer
- Google: Americans Searching for Travel They Can Control
RV Recalls (NHTSA)
- Airstream Inc. is recalling five 2021 Basecamp 16 trailers. The information printed on the Federal Certification and Tire Placard is 255/55R18 – 50 PSI, when the correct information is ST225/75R15E – 80 PSI. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 110, “Tire Selection and Rims” and 567, “Certification.?RV Travel.
- Braxton Creek RV is recalling 620 2020-2021 Bushwhacker 10FB and 2021 Bushwhacker 10SS travel trailers. The lag bolts are of an insufficient size and may pull through the floor, causing the floor to separate from the frame of the trailer.
- Daimler Trucks North America LLC is recall 10,359 2018-2019 Freightliner Custom Chassis XCL, 2018-2021 Freightliner XCM chassis, XCS Chassis and MC Chassis and 2017-2021 XCR Chassis. The tire valve stem extension for the inner wheel may come in contact with the outer wheel rim opening and become damaged.
- Forest River Inc. is recalling 22 2021 Berkshire BEA40C-380, BEA40E-380, BEA45A-450, and BEA45CA-450 motorhomes equipped with 3000W inverters. These inverters supply too much current to the 10 gauge Romex wire.
- Forest River Inc. is recalling 273 2014-2016 Vengenance BVGF312A, BCKT24PACK14, BVGF312A, BVGF315A11, BVGF316A, BVGF316A11, BVGF320A, BWZVGF312A, BWZVGF316A and BWZVGF320A trailers. The Federal Placard may indicate an incorrect amount of water for trailers with the 100-gallon option, allowing the trailer to be overloaded. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 120, “Wheels and Rims-Other than Passenger Cars” and 567, “Certification.”
- Forest River Inc. is recalling 4,397 2018-2021 Wildwood, Salem, and 2020 Sonoma travel trailers. The break-away safety switch may not be wired to constant power, which can cause the trailer brakes to not activate in the event of a trailer separation from the tow vehicle.
- Forest River Inc. is recalling 551 2021 Salem and Wildwood recreational trailers. The flame on the cooktop may become inverted, due to the cooktop not being isolated from the furnace return air.
- Forest River is recalling 975 2018-2020 Coachmen Sportscoach and Forest River Legacy and 2018-2021 Berkshire motorhomes built on a Daimler Trucks (DTNA) chassis. The tire valve stem extension for the inner wheel may come in contact with the outer wheel rim opening and become damaged.
- Forest River, Inc. is recalling eight 2021 Coachmen Catalina CAT261BHS-8 and CAT263BHSCKLE recreational trailers. The exterior griddle was built with a six foot hose, allowing the griddle to be stowed in the vehicle with an open flame.
- Grand Design RV LLC is recalling 8,161 2017-2021 Solitude recreational trailers. The liquid propane (LP) supply line that runs through the exterior lower refrigerator compartment may contact the burner tube of the refrigerator, possibly damaging the line and causing an LP gas leak.
- Gulf Stream Coach Inc. is recalling 32 2020 Enlighten 25BH and 248BH travel trailers. The lower front trim strip may be missing from the refrigerator. The front strip is required to make the refrigerator cabinet seal complete, and provides complete isolation of the combustion system from the travel trailer interior.
- Heartland Recreational Vehicles LLC is recalling 1,168 2019-2021 Cyclone and 2020-2021 Bighorn Traveler recreational trailers. Due to insufficient bracing, the front landing legs may buckle and collapse while the trailer is parked.
- Jayco Inc. is recalling 166 2019-2020 Entegra Reatta and Jayco Embark and 2020 Entegra ReattaXL motorhomes. The electronic control center circuit board may be damaged from voltages over 17 volts, causing the components on the board to become damaged.
- Jayco Inc. is recalling 4,036 2016-2018 Jayco Seneca, 2016-2019 Jayco Greyhawk, 2016 and 2018-2019 Jayco Redhawk, 2017 Jayco Envoy 200 Series and 2018-2019 Entegra Odyssey, Jayco Esteem, and Jayco Greyhawk Prestige motorhomes. The mounting brackets for the leveling system hydraulic pump and reservoir may fail allowing the components to contact the ground.
- Keystone RV Company is recalling 119 2021 Fuzion recreational trailers (models 357, 369, 373, 379, 419, 424, 427, 429 and 430) and 2021 Impact recreational trailers (models 343, 359, 367 and 415). The auxiliary fuel supply tank mounting straps may have been improperly secured with grade 2 bolts instead of grade 5 bolts.
- Keystone RV Company is recalling 130 2020-2021 Dutchmen Yukon 399ML, 400RL and 410RD recreational trailers. The bedroom egress window has a black round knob installed rather than a narrow crank handle.
- Newmar Corporation is recalling 350 2021 Canyon Star and 2018-2019 Ventana motorhomes built on chassis supplied by Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA). The tire valve stem extension for the inner wheel may come in contact with the outer wheel rim opening and become damaged.
- Newmar Corporation is recalling 732 2018-2019 Essex and New Aire, 2019 Dutch Star, London Aire, Mountain Aire, and Ventana motorhomes. The instrument panel brightness cannot be adjusted, possibly causing glare when driving at night. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 101, “Control and Displays.”
- Pleasure Way Industries Ltd. is recalling 218 2019-2021 Tofino motorhomes. The electronic control center circuit board may be damaged from voltages over 18 volts, causing damage to the circuit board.
- Thor Motor Coach (TMC) is recalling 1,631 2018-2021 Aria, Palazzo, Tuscany, and Venetian motorhomes built on a Daimler Trucks (DTNA) chassis. The tire valve stem extension for the inner wheel may contact the outer wheel rim opening and become damaged.
- Tiffin Motorhomes Inc. is recalling eight 2020 Bus and Phaeton motorhomes. The steering pinch bolts may not have been properly tightened.
Read more about recalls here at RV Travel.
Thank you for checking out our RV Hacks & Humor newsletter!
We hope this content helps you safely get back on the road and enjoy some much needed RV camping!
RV Hacks & Humor Team