|Welcome to your November issue of the RV Hacks & Humor newsletter! Remember, you can read back issues on the RVhumor.com website!
We’ve got another record 131 new Harvest Hosts added this past month and as a Hacks & Humor recipient, you get 15% off to visit 1,435+ wineries, breweries, distilleries, farms, museums, attractions and more for just $67.15/yr with our coupon: NOVEMBER! Make sure to thank your gracious Hosts by making a purchase of delicious produce or tasty beverages!
Popular RVing Videos on YouTube
Full Time RV Life Q&A – Switching RV’s, Voting on the Road, Pets & More! – October 18, 2020
No More Walmart RV Overnights (Stay Here Instead) – October 31, 2020
How To Minimize Condensation In An RV! – October 10, 2020
RV Roof Maintenance – October 11, 2020
RV Industry News
- Workamper Launches Small Business RVer School
- RV Camping Must-Haves You Should Never Forget to Bring
- The best winter road trips for RVs, from Michigan’s Upper Peninsula to the Florida Keys
- RV rentals are up for the holidays in response to social distancing
- Knoxville family starts cross-country ‘road schooling’ adventure in RV home
- Mobile RVing: How Many Devices Can You Run In an RV?
- RVBusiness Names Top 10 RVs of the Year, Other Honorees
- Why Millennials and Gen Zers are embracing the #RVLife
RV Recalls (NHTSA)
- Braxton Creek RV is recalling 702 2020 Bushwhacker and Bushwhacker Plus travel trailers. The tire data sticker incorrectly states that the tires should have 65 PSI. The tires have a maximum pressure of 50 PSI.
- Daimler Vans USA LLC is 4,010 2019-2020 Mercedes Benz and Freightliner Sprinters. The fuel line clamps may loosen and result in a fuel leak.
- Forest River Inc. is recalling 67 2021 Coachmen Sportscoach and Forest River Georgetown motorhomes. The P2K Bunk Bed System motor may fail, causing the bunk to fall from the stowed position.
- Forest River Inc. is recalling 79 2020-2021 Dynamax Isata vehicles. Inadequate warmup protection can cause a lack of oil film on the engine connecting rod bearings while the engine is reaching operating temperature. This can result in engine damage and connecting rod failure, which could potentially puncture the engine block.
- Heartland Recreational Vehicles LLC is recalling 104 2019-2020 Milestone fifth-wheel trailers. The outriggers may bend due to loading within the rear storage area.
- Jayco Inc. is recalling 433 2019-2021 Entegra Aspire, 2020-2021 Anthem and Cornerstone, and 2021 Reatta, ReattaXL, and Jayco Embark motorhomes built with Villa power seats. The power seat wiring may become chafed due to poor routing, and no protection, or melt from exceeding the 14 gauge wire amp capacity.
- Jayco Inc. is recalling three 2021 Jay Feather X213 “J3” Baja type recreational trailers. The tire size and Gross Axle Weight Rating (GAWR) information on the tire and certification labels may be incorrect, possibly resulting in the vehicle being overloaded. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 110, “Tire Selection and Rims.”
- Keystone RV Company is recalling 10 2020 Hideout 290LHS recreational trailers. These vehicles were incorrectly built with 3500 pound axles and ST205/75R14D tires and rims rather than the 4400 pound axles and ST225/75R15D tires and rims as specified on the Federal Identification Tag.
- Navistar Inc. is recalling 14 2021 International MV and HV vehicles equipped with feature code 10EWW, 10EYD, 10HYR, or 10JPJ (Fifth wheel, stationary), 10HJA (Fifth wheel, air slide) or 10WDN (Fifth wheel mounting angles). The vehicles may not have had sections of reflective tape applied to the right and left upper contours of the cab. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 108, “Lamp, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment.”
- Newmar Corporation is recalling 48 2021 Essex, Dutch Star, Mountain Aire, and London Aire motorhomes. The front leveling jacks may not be fastened correctly to the chassis, possibly causing the jacks to fail to support the weight of the motorhome.
- REV Recreation Group is recalling 1,567 2020-2021 Fleetwood Flair, Bounder, Southwind and Fortis and Holiday Rambler Vacationer, Invicta, and Admiral motorhomes equipped with a Dometic propane gas stove, model R1731 or R2131 manufactured November 2018 or later or model S31 manufactured November 2018 or later. In certain stove serial number ranges, a gas leak may occur in the cooking stove.
Read more about recalls here at RV Travel.
Thank you for checking out our RV Hacks & Humor newsletter!
We hope this content helps you safely get back on the road and enjoy some much needed RV camping!
RV Hacks & Humor Team