|Welcome to your December issue of the RV Hacks & Humor newsletter! Remember, you can read back issues on the RVhumor.com website!
We’ve got another record 131 new Harvest Hosts added this past month and as a Hacks & Humor recipient, you get 15% off to visit 1,435+ wineries, breweries, distilleries, farms, museums, attractions and more for just $67.15/yr with our coupon: NOVEMBER! Make sure to thank your gracious Hosts by making a purchase of delicious produce or tasty beverages!
Popular RVing Videos on YouTube
Our FAVORITE RV Accessories for RV Living (2020) – November 14, 2020
Coolest RV Tour – The OVERLANDER 4X4 Class C RV! – November 15, 2020
MISTAKES! – 5 Common RV Solar Pitfalls – RV Life – November 17, 2020
Scotts Bluff National Monument, Nebraska – RV Living – December 1, 2020
RV Industry News
- When is the Best Time To Buy an RV?
- Winnebago Introduces ‘Accessibility Enhanced’ Motorhomes
- RV Owners Take to the Road With ‘Covid Campers’
- Here’s How to Buy an RV on a Budget
- 21+ Unique Gift Ideas for RVers & Travelers: 2020 Holiday Gift Guide + Deals and Discount Codes
- Video: Camping World Explains the Ins, Outs of RV Financing
- There Are a Few Ways To Cover Some of the Costs of Owning an RV
- Tips For Buying A Used RV
- Bolivar-area girl’s wish comes true with gift of camper
RV Recalls (NHTSA)
- Daimler Trucks North America LLC is recalling 1,411 2020-2021 Freightliner Cascadia, 2021 Freightliner 108SD, 114SD and Business Class M2 and Western Star 4700, 4900 and 5700 vehicles. The steer axle spindle nut snap-ring locking feature may be incorrectly installed or missing from the left spindle nut at the spindle.
- Daimler Trucks North America LLC is recalling 6,795 2018-2019 Freightliner Cascadia, Business Class M2, 108SD, 114SD and 122SD and Western Star 4700, 4900 and 5700 vehicles. An internal component within the clutch assembly may fail, which in certain circumstances could allow the vehicle to move unexpectedly.
- Daimler Vans USA LLC (DVUSA) is recalling 47,667 2015-2020 Mercedes Benz Sprinter and Freightliner Sprinter vehicles. The hydraulic power steering return line hoses may detach at their connection points under certain operating conditions, causing hydraulic fluid to leak.
- Daimler Vans USA LLC is recalling 463 2020 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter vehicles. The outer area of the brake hoses on the front and rear axles may have been damaged during production.
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling 225 2021 F-650 and F-750 vehicles equipped with 7.3L gas engines. The transmission oil cooler line may contact the air conditioning compressor pulley, possibly causing a transmission fluid leak.
- Forest River Inc. is recalling 1,150 2019-2021 Palomino trailers. The antenna wing may not be properly secured to the roof, allowing it to detach from the roof while moving.
- Forest River Inc. is recalling 9,261 2019-2021 Cherokee recreational trailers. The shore cord inlet wiring insulation may not have been sufficiently stripped back, causing a poor connection with the set screw.
- Forest River Inc. is recalling 94 2019-2020 Rockport work trucks. The battery box installed on these vehicles may be inadequately welded, and could detach.
- Jayco Inc. is recalling 165 2021 Vision, Emblem, Vision XL, Alante, Precept, and Precept Prestige recreational vehicles, equipped with a Power Bedlift System. The bedlift motor may fail due to internal gear failure, causing the overhead bunk bed to release from the stowed position.
- Jayco Inc. is recalling 360 2020-2021 Alante, Precept, and Precept Prestige motorhomes and Entegra Vision, Vision XL motorhomes built on a Ford F-53 chassis. The engine covers may not contain sufficient heat insulation, causing the interior surface temperatures to be excessive.
- Keystone RV Company is recalling 1,278 2020-2021 Cougar trailers equipped with the Off the Grid (OTG) Solar package. The inverter may have been incorrectly wired, causing power to energize the shore power connection, when in use.
- Keystone RV Company is recalling 1,296 2019-2021 Outback 335CG and 340BH recreational trailers. A section of the frame rail may have inadequate support where the draw bar is attached, allowing the frame rail to buckle.
- Thor Motor Coach is recalling 1,074 2020-2021 Daybreak, Four Winds, Chateau, Freedom Elite, Quantum motorhomes built on a Chevrolet chassis. The BIM (Battery Isolation Manager)/BIR (Battery Isolation Relay) is not watertight when exposed to engine compartment heat.
- Thor Motor Coach is recalling 59 2010-2011 Four Winds Montecito 38D, 38E, 40J, 42B, 42C motorhomes, equipped with an Iota ITS-50R transfer switch. The transfer switch may experience a heat related failure due to being exposed to high electrical loads when used in higher ambient temperatures.
- Triple E Recreational Vehicles is recalling 143 2019-2020 Wonder W24FTB, W24RTB, and W24MB motorhomes. The Multiplex G9 electronic control center can fail if excessive voltage is applied.
- Triple E Recreational Vehicles is recalling 832 2019-2020 Serenity S24CB, 2019-2021 Unity U24MB, U24RL, U24FX, U24CB, U24IB, U24TB, and 2019-2021 Wonder W24FTB, W24RTB, W24RL, W24MB motorhomes. An incorrect brass connector was used on the propane connection to the flared connection of the Truma water heater fitting. The connector did not have the correct bevel to seal to the Truma water heater swivel fitting.
- Winnebago Industries Inc. is recalling 1,806 2012-2021 Era 170X vehicles. The weld nut was installed on the wrong side of the bracket where the shoulder belt attaches, reducing the retention strength of the seat belt.
- Winnebago Towable is recalling 106 2021 Micro Minnie trailers. These trailers were built with undersized axles that may not support the weight of the vehicle and could break.
Read more about recalls here at RV Travel.
Thank you for checking out our RV Hacks & Humor newsletter!
We hope this content helps you safely get back on the road and enjoy some much needed RV camping!
RV Hacks & Humor Team